Food & Wine Manager
Under the general supervision of the Director of Operations, position is responsible for the hiring, training, and supervision of the Tasting room attendants and Bistro servers while managing the overall retail operations.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the day- to- day operations of Tasting Room and Bistro to ensure all scheduled shifts are staffed, entire facility and grounds are clean and orderly and the retail merchandise is stocked for purchase.
- Portrays the winery’s image in tasting room presentation and delivery of an exceptional customer experience to every guest;
- Responds to customer relations and hospitality matters within the Tasting room and Bistro and all areas open to public use; coordinate group tastings and tours, VIP customer visits; coordinates food and wine pairing events; wine dinners etc.;
- Directly responsible for the coordination and implementation of training of all Tasting Bar and Bistro staff.
- Responsible for monthly staff schedules
- Works with the wine club manager to enhance club memberships.
- Work closely with Kitchen Manager/Chef to ensure high quality of food and service to meet customer satisfaction.
- Schedules, plans and coordinates with Sales and Marketing manager for all public and themed events for the winery in general.
- Coordinates with the Venue Coordinator and the Banquet Captain so that guests on both the public and private sides are taken care of simultaneously.
- Works closely with the winemaker on customer feedback, wine styles, cellar tours, staff education and wine inventory.
- Resolve customer concerns proactively.
- Resolve any staff member or staffing issues.
- Participates in the success of the Wine Club programs by ensuring all service staff are knowledgeable about club benefits, club events and all aspects of club levels;
- Maintains current inventory levels of merchandise in the retail gift shop area. Coordinates ordering with the Asst. F&B manager. Is knowledgeable about POS system including the tracking of inventory, procurement and reconciliation of accounts as well as serves as a resource for staff members.
- Ensures adherence to accounting and inventory procedures, inventory controls, reconciles cash, maintains opening and closing procedures, and takes action to correct inaccuracies and deviations. Informs bookkeeper of any issues.
- Coordinates the upkeep of the POS inventory database and the winery customer email list.
- Knows and adheres to TTB and ABC regulations and follows through on required reporting and winery regulations.
- Assigned as a VWDC representative for the winery. Will assist with wholesale wine sales.
- Coordinates all “off-site” wine tastings that are not festival related.
- All other duties as assigned by Operations Manager or G.M.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Hospitality management (wine, retail, restaurant, etc) or 5 years experience in a tourism destination facility or a commensurate amount of education and experience;
- Outstanding customer service skills and abilities;
- Impeccable planning skills;
- Detail orientated;
- Marketing and retail layout skills;
- Experience in POS retail system;
- Must maintain close controls over all wine and merchandising inventory
- Must work in a team environment and make decisions in the best interest of the organization, keeping with the philosophy established by the owners.
- Must be able to quickly and effectively resolve issues related to any program area assigned.
- Able to train, teach and demonstrate superior customer service skills to personnel;
- Will act on behalf of the Director of Operations in his absence.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lb boxes; walk and stand for extended periods of time; climb up and down stairs multiple times daily.
- Must pass DMV background check
- Must pass criminal background investigation
- A passion for wine is a must!
Interested persons email resumes to Jay@potomacpointwinery.com