While were all spending a lot more time at home these days, Potomac Point Winery is putting together a list of fun things to do at home, with wine of course! We don’t know about you, but wine seems to be a integral part in keeping our sanity throughout this quarantine. We plan to update this blog regularly, check back for more at home ideas!
- March Madness Wine Tastings To Go! This is the perfect at home Date Night; Begin with a selection of our elite eight wines and narrow down your wine bracket to select your “Top Pick”. Click here for more details.
- Make Jell-O Wine Eggs for Easter! These eggs are adorable, delicious treats that adults & kids (remove the wine) will love! The perfect treat to make at home this Easter Holiday. Our personal favorite are the blood orange & moscato eggs! Click here for the recipes.
- Celebrate the little things! Have a birthday this month? or something else to celebrate? Don’t let it pass you by just because you’re stuck at home this year. Bake a cake (or order a wine cake), turn on some music, grab and drink, throw up some balloons and celebrate like it’s pre-pandemic times!
- Treat-yo-self! Draw a bubble bath, throw on an at home facemask, grab your favorite glass of wine or sangria and tell your kids & husband you’ll be back in a few hours. Breaks are necessary to keep your sanity, and there is absolutely nothing to feel bad about!
- Take a beautiful, scenic drive! Virginia is a state well-known for its natural beauty; scenic drives can be discovered at virtually every turn. Taking a drive can be the perfect way to get out of the house and enjoy the day. We suggest picking a local winery or brewery in a beautiful locale; this way you can capitalize on curbside pickup and come home with a few goodies to boot.
- Sunday Funday! Live it up this Sunday; break out the bubbly and start your day with mimosas. Bottomless Mimosas have a whole new meaning when you don’t have to get ready for the work the next day (BYE Sunday Scaries)! Cook up some great brunch foods, or order from a local restaurant. Top it off with some tropical music and a few games (our personal favorites include cornhole, shuffleboard, and tiki-hook).
- Wine Workouts! Getting bored with your at home workout routine? Add some wine to mix things up! Check out our latest post about wine workouts here. Bonus: research shows that resveratrol, an ingredient found in grapes, berries and red wine can help turn flab into calorie-burning ‘brown’ fat!
- Blind Tasting Challenge! Challenge your quarantine buddy to a friendly and fun wine competition; or arrange a whole zoom happy group to challenge! We have both a red & white blind tasting challenge for you to choose from.
- Play games! Good old board games never go out of style. If your in the mood for a unique wine twist, try-out our limited edition Virginia Wine-Opoly. You can even find Potomac Point Winery on the board!
- Join the club! I don’t know about you, but we are living for packages these days. Take this time to support some small business and join their clubs! Maybe it’s a subscription for makeup, or home decor; whatever peaks your interest! Some are probably even offering good specials right now; for instance, we are waiving our $49 sign-up fee for anyone that purchases our April wine box and becomes a club member. Learn more here.
- Get your artistic juices flowing! Whether it’s craft time at home or entering a design contest, do something to be creative. PPW is hosting an artist design contest until May 31st; design the winning pair of winery wings and win wine for a year! Learn more here!
- Learn to perfectly pair cheese & wine! The marriage of wine & cheese is older than dirt, and a whole lot tastier. Hone your pairing skills by partaking in our At Home Cheese & Wine Pairing Kit. Taste 9 different cheese & wine combinations and be on your way to becoming an expert at how YOU like to pair wine and cheese.
- Virtual Events! Many wineries and other companies are hosting virtual wine tastings and events. If you join along live you can ask questions in real time; however, these videos remain up afterwards! So you can pick a time that’s convenient for you, grab a glass, and enjoy. Check-out our Facebook Live Past videos here.
More Ideas Coming Soon!