Wine Club and Tasting Room Manager:
Position is responsible for the overall management of the various wine club programs; will work in tandem with our guest services coordinator to ensure club membership growth and retention. Position will rotate through shifts as the Manager on the Floor to ensure winery guest satisfaction. Position responsible for supervision of the all front of house staff while functioning as MOF. Under the general supervision of the Director of Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represents Potomac Point’s interests at all times and while on duty delivers an exceptional customer experience to every guest and club member. Acts as the “Face of the Club”.
- Promotes wine club programs by ensuring all service staff are knowledgeable about club benefits and various club options. Conducts club sales training as needed with individual staff members not performing.
- Diligently works to enhance club membership through constant communication, special club events, quarterly newsletters and sales initiatives.
- Schedules, plans and coordinates all wine club packages five times during the year.
- As Manager on the Floor, handles customer relations and hospitality within the Tasting Room and all areas of the winery open to public use.
- Manage the day to day operations of the winery by following established safety, security, sales and record keeping practices. Follow all opening and closing MOF procedures.
- Learn the procedures and duties of the Food & Wine Manager and handling those duties when the manager is absent.
- Knowledgeable and responsible for compliance with ABC rules both on and off premise.
- Coordinates with Venue Coordinator & Banquet Captain to ensure both private event guests and public guests are taken care of simultaneously.
- Resolves customer concerns as well as club member concerns proactively.
- Assists in staff training and education; Conducts club sales training as needed with individual staff members.
- Coordination of barrel tastings on a bi-annual basis.
- Conducts facility tours for guests.
- Conducts off site wine tastings and sales.
- Ability to ship packages of wine through UPS system
- Coordinates off-site wine festival details, organize materials, work with volunteers, etc.
- Serves as secondary for applications paperwork and remote licenses.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations or General Manager.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Degree in Hospitality Management or 3-5 years’ experience in a related hospitality field. (Winery, Hotel, Country Club, etc.).
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Outstanding customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and complete them in a timely basis.
- Detail Oriented.
- Experience in navigating a POS retail system.
- Able to train, teach and demonstrate superior customer service skills to personnel.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform opening and closing procedures as the Manager on the Floor.
- Perform all front of the house positions as well as expediting in the kitchen.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365; Excel; Word; Club software
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.; walk and stand for extended periods of time; climb up and down stairs multiple times daily.
- Ability to work weekends.
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.