Potomac Point Winery is growing and looking for an experienced and hospitable Food & Beverage Manager to join our family! If you are interested or know someone who might be the perfect fit, please send all resumes to Jay@potomacpointwinery.com.
Food & Wine Manager-Full Time
Under the general supervision of the Director of Operations, position is responsible for the hiring, training, and supervision of the Tasting room attendants and Bistro servers while managing the overall retail operations.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the day- to- day operations of Tasting Room and Bistro to ensure all scheduled shifts are staffed, entire facility and public spaces are clean and orderly and the retail merchandise is stocked for purchase.
- Portrays the winery’s image in tasting room presentation and delivery of an exceptional customer experience to every guest.
- Responds to customer relations and hospitality matters within the Tasting room and Bistro and all areas open to public use; coordinate group tastings and tours, VIP customer visits; coordinates food and wine pairing events; wine dinners etc.
- Directly responsible for the coordination and implementation of training of all Tasting Bar and Bistro staff.
- Responsible for monthly staff schedules
- Work closely with Kitchen Manager/Chef to ensure high quality of food and service to meet customer satisfaction.
- Schedules, plans and coordinates with Sales and Marketing manager for all public and themed events for the winery in general.
- Resolve customer concerns proactively.
- Maintains current inventory levels of merchandise in the retail gift shop. Is knowledgeable about POS system including the tracking of inventory, procurement and reconciliation of accounts as well as serves as a resource for staff members.
- Ensures adherence to accounting and inventory procedures, inventory controls, reconciles cash, maintains opening and closing procedures, and takes action to correct inaccuracies and deviations. Informs bookkeeper of any issues.
- Knows and adheres to TTB and ABC regulations and follows through on required reporting and winery regulations.
- Assigned as the VWDC representative for the winery. Will oversee our PPW staff person or outside distributer, is actively selling and delivering wine orders for our wholesale customers.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Operations or the General Manager.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Hospitality management (wine, retail, restaurant, etc) or 5 years experience in a tourism destination facility or a commensurate amount of education and experience;
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lb boxes; walk and stand for extended periods of time; climb up and down stairs multiple times daily.
- Must pass DMV background check
- Must pass criminal background investigation
- A passion for wine is a must!
- Microsoft Word, Excel and POS