Date(s) - 09/07/2014
Tickets are no longer available for this event.
Enjoy the serenity of kayaking on the Potomac River while hunting for treasure and viewing lost shipwrecks; followed by a wine and cheese social.
Sunday September 7th: Trips will take place from 11am-3pm. Participants should arrive to PPW 30 minutes prior to departure.
Ticket price: $69/person and $65/club member, $119/couple in a tandem kayak-limited quantity
(Participants must be 21 years of age or older)
Ticket includes: transportation from PPW to the launch site; and return shuttle, life vest rental, kayak and oar rental, private wine and cheese social, bottled water.
To inquire about event details, please call our reservations line at 540-446-2107 or email: reservations@potomacpointw
- 10:45am: Departure from PPW to launch site
- 11:15am: Instruction presented by VOC professionals
- 11:30am: Launch-paddle-enjoy the scenery, artifacts, and company
- 1:30pm: Private wine and cheese social on the Potomac River
- 2:15pm: Social concludes. Shuttle back to PPW
- Life vests will be worn at all times
- Dress to get wet. We will be wading and walking on state park property
- Sturdy foot protection is a must
- Possible cool weather-layer up-bring a change of clothes
- Protect yourself from the sun-wear spf and a wide brimmed hat
- Consult your physician before taking this trip. You are responsible for your own paddling safety.
- Participants must be in good, fit, health
- Persons with open sores or cuts should not sign up
Return to the Event Calendar